The Gorchakov Fund starts accepting applications for the IV School on Central Asia
The IV School on Central Asia will take place on July 7-11, 2015 in Ufa.
The Summer School on Central Asia will include:
- 5 days of research, educational and cultural program;
- 9 lectures on geopolitics, economy, security and IT by Russian and foreign experts;
- 25 representatives from 5 states of Central Asia and Russia;
- 7 hours of interactive sessions in the format of case studies and open debates.
What does the School on Central Asia offer?
- expand one’s horizons and strengthen the foundation of basic knowledge on world politics and foreign affairs;
- gain a reputation of a young expert and researcher in academic circles;
- establish contacts with colleagues from other countries;
- become part of international expert community and get an opportunity to publish and be quoted in partners’ media resources;
- check one’s intellectual abilities, teamwork and leadership skills.
- young researchers in the field of foreign affairs;
- undergraduate and graduate students, teachers from field-specific universities;
- international journalists;
- representatives of public organizations specializing in international cooperation;
- young diplomats.
- The School on Central Asia is an annual program of the Alexander Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Fund.
- The Gorchakov Fund is a Russian non-profit organization monitoring the foreign policy of Russia and providing support to research, expert and public initiatives in the field of public diplomacy.
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Gorchakov Fund is Minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia Sergey Lavrov.
- Experts of the Gorchakov Fund at different events included well-known public and political figures: Yevgeny Primakov, Nikolai Bordyuzha, Konstantin Kosachev, Fedor Lukyanov, Grigory Karasin, Sergey Brilev, Vladimir, Posner, Alexander Karelin, Mikhail Prokhorov and others.
- In 2015, the Gorchakov Fund has partnered with Center of Geopolitical Studies “Berlek-Unity” in organizing the School.
Why in Ufa?
- In 2015, the capital of the Republic of Bashkortostan is hosting big-scale events – summits of SCO and BRICS and is becoming a regional center of politics attracting attention of experts and media community.
- Ufa is a dynamically developing metropolis with huge economic potential.
- Ufa is one the most beautiful cities in Russia.
How can you participate in the School on Central Asia?
- Send an electronic application by completing a questionnaire on the official website of the Alexander Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Fund by May 30.
- Attach recommendation and motivation letters.
- Results of the competition will be announced on June 7. You will receive a message forwarded to the e-mail address provided in your questionnaire.
Terms of participation:
- The Gorchakov Fund provides all the participants of the programs with accommodation in double room in a hotel in Ufa for duration of the program, meals and the cultural program;
- The participants are responsible for their own travel expenses to Ufa.
- After completion of the program all the participants will receive a certificate.
- The most active alumni of the Gorchakov Fund’s programs have an opportunity to become members of the Club of Friends of the Gorchakov Fund and continue working with the Fund within the framework of the program “Experts’ Mobility”.
Please tell your colleagues and friends, who might be interested, about the School! We are looking forward to receiving your applications!