Call for applications to attend International Youth School Studia Baltica
Applications to attend International Youth School Studia Baltica are being accepted. The classes will take place with the support of the Presidential Grants Foundation and the Gorchakov Fund in Kaliningrad at the premises of Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University on August 20-25.
Main topics of the School:
- propaganda and fake news in the world;
- rules to work with facts during the post-truth era;
- social media and mass media: points of cooperation;
- image of Russia in European and post-Soviet mass media under conditions of the media war;
- international processes mirrored by mass media.
Young (under 30 years old) journalists and researches, post-graduates, senior students at the departments of journalism (and other departments of humanities), experts in media communications and political scientists from Russia, the EU and the post-Soviet space are invited to attend the School.
Terms of participation:
- knowledge of Russian;
- attendance of all classes and cultural events during the School.
The Organizing Committee will provide accommodation (in double rooms), meals for the participants and cover transfer to one representative from each country – the author of the best essay.
The applicants should send the following documents at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a completed application for participation in the School (in Russian);
- a copy of the first page of the passport (for Russian participants – a copy of the first page and a page with residence registration);
- a letter from the place of work/study mentioning the current status on a formal letterhead of the university/organization stamped and signed by a head of the organization/department (for foreigners – with a short translation into Russian);
- a short essay in Russian on any of the main five topics of the School (1000-2000 words).
The documents should be filled out in Russian.
Deadline for submitting applications:
- for foreign participants, who need a visa – June 17;
- for Russian and foreign participants, who do not need a visa – June 22.
The participants will be selected by the Contest Committee and will be notified about the results of the selection not later than June 23, 2018. The Contest Committee will not correspond with the participants and will not explain the results of the selection for participation in the School.