School on Central Asia
The School on Central Asia is a research and educational program for young foreign affairs experts, scientists, journalists and politicians from the countries of Central Asia, Kazakhstan and Russia. The program has been implemented by the Gorchakov Fund since 2012.
The project includes lectures and meetings with well-known Russian and foreign experts in the areas of security, economy and geopolicy of the region. The School on Central Asia provides an opportunity to establish new connections, deepen knowledge and get new perspectives on political and economic processes of the region as well as share opinions on important issues of international relations with colleagues from other countries.
Who can become a participant?
- young researchers in the field of foreign affairs;
- undergraduate and graduate students, faculty instructors from field-specific universities;
- international journalists;
- representatives of NGOs specializing in international cooperation;
- young diplomats.
Area of specialization – different aspects of development of the Central Asian region.
Working language of the event – Russian.
Terms of participation:
- the organizers will cover accommodation in double rooms and meals;
- the participants are responsible for their own travel expenses to/from Almaty.
How to apply?
In order to participate, the applicants should complete an application form of the Gorchakov Fund and attach a photo (face photo, light solid background, vertical position), a signed recommendation letter with the contact information, and a motivation letter in a free format.
The program in previous years