Dialogue in the Name of the Future
The Dialogue in the Name of the Future is an annual research and educational program of the Alexander Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Fund, which was launched in 2011. The goal of the project is development of a discussion platform with the participation of young scientists-experts in international relations, politicians, journalists, and representatives of think tanks and civil societies of Russia, the CIS and Baltic countries.
What opportunities does the Dialogue in the Name of the Future provide?
- to discuss the current agenda with Russian and foreign analysts and experts;
- to meet with prominent public figures and politicians;
- to discuss mutual influence of new technologies and world politics;
- to visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia and personally ask Minister Sergey Lavrov a question;
- to discuss opportunities for implementation of your own initiatives in the area of public diplomacy;
- to exchange opinions with participants from other countries;
- to learn firsthand about events in neighboring countries;
- to find new friends and partners.
Who can become a participant?
- young foreign affairs experts, political scientists, economists, lawyers, journalists, historians;
- modern technologies experts;
- representatives of NGOs focusing on the issues of international cooperation, public diplomacy and development of innovation technologies;
- young diplomats and representatives of government agencies;
- graduate and post-graduate students, faculty instructors of field-specific educational institutions.
Requirements to participants:
knowledge of Russian;
active social position;
a proactive approach to life and a wish to develop professionally.
Terms of participation:
the organizers will cover travel expenses (flight tickets), accommodation in double rooms, meals, cultural program and transfers in Moscow associated with the program and will provide visa support;
the participants are responsible for their visa fees (if a humanitarian visa is not available) and transfer to/from the airport.
How to apply?
In order to participate, the applicants should complete an application form of the Gorchakov Fund and attach a photo (face photo, light solid background, vertical position), a signed recommendation letter with the contact information, and a motivation letter in a free format.
The program in previous years
2017. Issues of international security and strategic stability were discussed at the Dialogue in the Name of the Future
2017. Sergey Lavrov met with participants of the Dialogue in the Name of the Future
2018. The Dialogue in the Name of the Future is opening in Moscow
2018. The Dialogue in the Name of the Future: Day 1. New technologies in transformation of international relations
2018. Experts discussed current state of media at the Dialogue in the Name of the Future-2018
2018. Minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia Sergey Lavrov met with participants of the Dialogue in the Name of the Future-2018
2018. Dialogue in the Name of the Future: Day 3. About the present and the future of the EAEU
2018. Dialogue in the Name of the Future-2018: Day 4. From the West to the Middle East
2018. A speech by Italian journalist Fulvio Scaglione at the Dialogue in the Name of the Future-2018
2018. Dialogue in the Name of the Future-2018: Day 5. About Eurasian integration and tourism
2019. The IX Dialogue in the Name of the Future is opening in Moscow
2019. The Dialogue in the Name of the Future opened in Moscow
2019. The Dialogue in the Name Future - 2019. Day 2
2019. Dialogue in the Name of the Future: Day 3
2019. Dialogue in the Name of the Future – 2019: Day 4
2019. The Dialogue in the Name of the Future – 2019: Summarizing result